CF Fighters is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization composed of volunteers dedicated to raising awareness, and helping Michigan CF patients and families who need our assistance.
- Encourage those with CF to live healthy, active lifestyles
- Provide assistance for patients and families affected by CF
- Increase awareness about CF through CF Fighters apparel line and events
- Sponsor entry fees for people with CF to participate in running events
- Fund research through the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, and other organizations
What is Cystic Fibrosis
Cystic Fibrosis (CF) is a genetic disorder that causes the body to produce thick and sticky mucus that clogs the lungs and pancreas making it hard for patients to breathe and absorb nutrients from the food they eat. This thick mucus causes recurring lung infections, loss of lung function and eventually premature death. Life expectancy for patients with CF is 40 years old. When coupled with the proper treatments for CF, exercise and running has been shown to help maintain lung function in CF patients. Please visit www.cff.org for more information about cystic fibrosis.